• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 swf resume quiz/save quiz progress

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a quiz built in captivate and is published as a .swf file. The quiz is then run through a browser(Firefox). It is a long difficult quiz and occasionally the user will end up not being able to finish the quiz in one session, the browser will freeze, or some other technical difficulty. As of right now if you even refresh the page it starts the quiz completely over. Is it possible to save the users progress so that they can resume the quiz from where they left off? For example after each time they answer a question it saves there current progress or something?

I've done a bit of research and haven't found much, not sure if it just doesn't exist or if I'm asking the wrong questions.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

You need to turn on Bookmarking so that the module stores data about the learner's progress somewhere.  You do not mention using an LMS to deliver this content, so I am assuming you are just delivering the files from a LAN server.  Is that correct?  If so, then you can turn on Self-Paced Learning in the Skin Editor settings.  It's one form of bookmarking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to turn on Bookmarking so that the module stores data about the learner's progress somewhere.  You do not mention using an LMS to deliver this content, so I am assuming you are just delivering the files from a LAN server.  Is that correct?  If so, then you can turn on Self-Paced Learning in the Skin Editor settings.  It's one form of bookmarking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources