• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate can publish into pdf or word document

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the captivate 9 and I would like to know that is it possible to publish my project file into pdf or word document.

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can Print to Word and then convert to pdf.

Method: Use File > Print, select the layout you want from Type drop down and Click the Publish button. Convert the Word document to pdf using save as Adobe PDF if you have Acrobat installed or save as pdf from Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David already gave you a complete answer. Just wanted to pop in to warn about a possible confusion. When you publish to SWF, you have the option to create a pdf as well in the publishing dialog box. However that is not a pdf in the sense of a digital print, but an interactive pdf which needs an Adobe Reader with Flash Player plugin.

Word templates for some layouts are available on your system (dot format),. You may want to update them because that has not been done since many versions in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Needs Adobe Reader with Flash Player plugin:

Yes Lieve unfortunately this is a fallout of browsers not supporting .swf going forward. I have recently found, many IT departments will no longer download the flash player and allow it to be used as a plugin in Acrobat. Of course that is having a negative effect in the pdf space as well. I have built many FrameMaker training procedures manuals for large corps and military applications that were delivered in pdf. It was great to embed Captivate swf's in the resulting pdf's. Learners / users could read about it in the manual and then right on the next page, do the simulation or complete a quiz based on the text material provided. Similarily using InDesign to create pdf's with swf and video content from both Captivate and Flash was a great way to engage readers for more fun things like interactive marketing materials and design documents. I remember developing a  series of elementary school documents focusing on the North American wolf and its habitat, complete with videos, captivate content and flash activities and "wolf howling audio".

So it's just not the changes we are experiencing using Captivate and Storyline to deliver online content, the demise of the Flash player in the browser, its also having impact on interactive pdf's since ITs will not download the Flash player to use it as an Acrobat plugin...

So at the same we are publishing Captivate and Storyline output to html5, time to switch Framemaker and InDesign to html5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources