• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Preview won't show in browser

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to preview a responsive project in Captivate and when I hit Preview > Project, it takes me to my browser where it just loads indefinitely. No clue what's happening. I'm using Captivate 2017 and have never used it before.

TOPICS
Project upgrade , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Not sure if this is strictly related, but I too had an issue with previewing my project and found this post. I'm actually a newbie (ok don't get alarmed....just hear me out....). Here's what happened. I was running through 'Adobe Captivate Essential Learning' on Lynda.com and had got most of the way through the course, previewing along the way, but didn't complete it in one day as I spend a lot of time experimenting. Came back the next day to resume using the projects supplied as part of the training, not any possibly contaminated by my actions, and this is when I hit the problem of previewing the project(s). Every time would get the following message (see screenshot)

Image 1 (002).png

As you can see I tried several times. I also tried different browsers and even tried unticking 'Show Playback Control' in Skin Editor

but all to no avail. I don't have access to a server, so that option was out. I knew the projects worked the day before, so I decided to simply shut down the software and restart it, (the old...'have you tried turning off and turning it back on again' trick...although I didn't do a full reboot). Now it works fine and goes to localhost:#####/preview/HTML5Temp etc!!!

As I said, not sure if this is strictly related, but thought the community ought to know in case someone else was having the same issue.

Possible bug????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than repetition of literature type lengthy explanations, your comment was very constructive. It cleared my issue. Problem came suddenly after a machine crash. Restart fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 2019 11.0.2.266 on Windows 7

When I click Preview in SCORM Cloud, it starts the process and then I get this dialog box that it failed. Maybe I missed it but I did not see anyone talked about this error above. Thanks

failed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean 11.0.1.266?

Are you behind a firewall? Did you set up the project as a SCORM project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any drag and drop or other advanced interactions in your project? I have come across this issue twice. Both times, the culprit was a drag and drop Instance Name that contained spaces (I think there may be other characters that are not allowed in instance names). You can see all of your Advanced Interactions by going to Project > Advanced Interactions (F9). Renaming the instance with no spaces did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources