• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Quiz: Correct answers marked still marked as incorrect after changes.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using the most recent version of Captivate and I'm experiencing a really frustrating bug with a captivate quiz. We had a couple of questions that needed revisions, as such.. some of the answers needed to be changed. Upon republishing, I was testing the quiz for functionality when I noticed that even when I clicked on the correct answer, captivate still marked it as wrong. I went back into the CPTX file and the original multiple choice question from before the revision was still set as the correct answer, even when I marked the new answer as the correct one. Not sure what to do here, is there a way I can "reset" this question in my project so it works correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which theme were you using?  Did you keep all embedded objects on the quiz slides: those are the objects without individual timeline. Is it a responsive or a non-responsive project? If it is non responsive, do you publish to HTML?

Are you using the most recent version? It is 11.0.1.266.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a project that is using the Captivate default theme with a custom skin and published to HTML5. Everything on the quiz side is embedded to the slide as nothing is on the timeline except the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Themes don't usually affect whether or not a question evaluates answers correctly.  In your case it would appear that there is some kind of corruption of either the slide or the entire project.

Try deselecting all answers in Edit mode except ONE of these answers and see if selecting that same answer at runtime will get the question marked correctly.  If it does, progress through the other answers as well to see if there may be just one of these answer options that is not correctly being evaluated.  If the question will not evaluate no matter how many correct answers there are, or which ones they are, then I would have to say your project is likely corrupted.

But before confirming that, you should also try to create a new project from a blank theme and set up a similar multiple response question slide to see if ALL such quiz slides fail to work with your current Captivate installation.  If that is the case, then you may need to uninstall / reinstall and kill Preferences before attempting new projects again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deselecting all answers except the one and it still gives me the same error... just great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So try the other suggestion by creating a new blank project with a newly inserted slide of a similar design (but not by copying and pasting the current slide or any of its text). 

We need to eliminate the possible causes one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this using a brand new unaltered project with one quiz slide and the question functioned as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  Then I would have to tell you that I think your current project is probably corrupted.

You have one more thing you can try.  Create a new blank project of exactly the same dimensions and copy all of your current slides into that new project. Occasionally you will find that this strips out the corruption and you may be able to rescue your project from that point on.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to recreate the project again from scratch using the same original assets. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete any embedded objects? I don't see the 'Question' placeholder

THe default theme in CP2019 is not the Blank theme but 'Pearl' avery bad example of a theme which has a COlors palette only with grayscale tints. The skin is part of the theme, but you say a custom skin? I woner if you didn't override styles neither? O see blue image in the background, blue is not in the Theme colors of Pearl.

Coudl be the theme that is corrupted as well, since you did edit it. Besides all the valuable tips by Rod, could you also try to apply another theme, which has not been edited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this issue is just with one particular question, just delete it and insert another one to replace it.

If all quiz questions are affected, your project may have become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a prime example, I answered all the questions that are marked correct but the question tells me I'm wrong.

Before:

After:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources