• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome Browser not displaying 360 content in locally stored html5 output

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox and Edge browsers can display locally stored html5 Captivate output containing some 360 slides without any issues. 

Chrome browser shows a black screen where 360 image or 360 video would be. Hotspots and text still shows. If project is hosted online as a scorm package on an LMS it displays fine. 

But I need an offline solution that can play back from a local hard drive. We  need to use Chrome as it's the only browser our IT department issues. 

Anyone aware of any browser settings in chrome that  may need adjusting?

Using latest version of Captivate at time of posting. It's a non responsive scalable html5 project with normal slides and a few 360 slides. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced , Import export , Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double-checked by republishing a project with 360 slides, and playing it locally in Chrome which is my default browser. All worked well. I am on Chrome version 77.0.3865.90 (Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Was Captivate open in the background? I noticed that it would play okay if it was. If it was not open or on a machine that didn't have Captivate it would result in the black screen issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't check that, do not have a system without Captivate, and it is mostly (always) opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with Captivate closed and the black screen occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe and this is their response: "Viewing of VR content on browser should be done only by hosting it on webserver. Our local preview launches a webserver and then you can see the output, without the background being black. Clicking on index.html, launches content from fileserver and it may load the background in Edge browser but certain elements of 360 content will not load due to runtime library constraints. The best practice to view VR content is by hosting it on a local webserver (wamp or IIS)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Bit similar to what I think, always upload to a webserver. Not only VR slides, but even other functionality may be broken when using local viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources