• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close Captivate web object window

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project in which I open a web object from a slide in Captivate in a new window/tab.
When the student has finished with the web object they may close the window, or may leave it open and click a button on the slide to go to the next or previous slides.

If they click a button to change slides I want the web object window to close.

Problems...

If I drop the zipped web object onto a Captivate slide as normal, I don't know what the JavaScript reference is to close the window, Captivate doesn't seem to make it available.

If I embed some javascript to open a window ( var win = open.window(.....) ), I can use the reference to close it again ( win.close() ). Which is great. However in this case I have to include the web object files in a folder after Captivate has published the content as SCORM content. This means that the web object content is not in the manifest.

How do I achieve my goal.

Someone else must have had a problem similar to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

The web object does not need to be in the manifest.

I create manifests all the time with no resources listed except for the initial page to launch.

I use external JavaScript to open any windows and keep a reference to that window in a variable.

I always use slide enter listeners so that if the user navigates to clicks any button to open any other window, the current window is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web object does not need to be in the manifest.

I create manifests all the time with no resources listed except for the initial page to launch.

I use external JavaScript to open any windows and keep a reference to that window in a variable.

I always use slide enter listeners so that if the user navigates to clicks any button to open any other window, the current window is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources