• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare Results in adobe captivate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have to make an e-learning and i need to compare the results of two "quizzes" people need to be able to select multiple options from and the result stay like that, after that, they will see the course and when they finish they have to check the options once agan and be able to see the comparison between the first and the last attempt, I was wondering if that is possible and if it is how can I implement that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really possible with standard quiz questions in Captivate, but would be possible by building custom question slides out of Captivate's interactive components, User Variables and Conditional Advanced Actions.

However, if you have to ask this question I would be assuming you are fairly new to Captivate and building something like this is likely beyond your capabilities at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking your time to answer, and yes indeed I am fairly new to captivate and yes, I am probably facing a challenge with this task, but thank you for your answer, I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An essential detail is missing in your question: are you reporting to a LMS or not? If you setting up reporting (SCORM) comparing results for attempts should be set up in the LMS, not in Captivate. A Captivate file can report only one quiz result, a SCORM rule.

However if you are not using a LMS, and just want to show the results of a quiz inside of Captivate there may be a way. Before I try to explain, please answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, and I am not reporting to a LMS yet, what I need to do is to show the results of the quiz to the person taking it, so they can compare both results in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in what FORMAT are you intending to show them the results from both attempts?  That's an important design consideration.

Are you intending that they simply see some numbers or text on a single slide with one side showing the first attempt and the other side showing the second?  Or are you intending that they actually revisit each question slide and see some comparison data there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the end of an attempt on quiz level, the total score of the learner is stored in the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored (for score in points) and cpInfoPercentage (for %). 

To preserve those values, ,you'd need user variables, and assign the value of the quizzing variable to that user variable. This has to be done before starting the next attempt (by using the Retake button on the Score slide). Use the On Enter event of the score slide to do so.

You can insert any variable in a text container (text or shape). That would could be used to show the quiz result to the learner.

Have a look at my blog posts:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/discover-slash-use-captivates-system-variables-part-1

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources