• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 2019 won't play Zira voice, only David

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Captivate 2019 text-to-speech to play the Microsoft Zira voice. Here's what I've tried:

1. Verified that Zira is my default Windows 10 voice.
  2. Verified that I've chosen Zira in Captivate.
  3. Rebooted my machine.
  4. Cleared my Captivate preferences as suggested in this older post: CP9: Microsoft "Text to Speech" - only David is working

Does anyone have other suggestions for getting Zira to work in CP2019?

Thanks!

Kathryn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not install the superior voices that are included with Adobe Captivate from Neospeech? Here are the links in case you need it.

Download locations for Captivate text-to-speech converters - eLearning

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, thanks for your reply! I actually already installed the Neospeech voices and maybe it's just me, but I thought they sounded a lot worse than the Windows voices. I'll try to install from your link again in case I did something wrong the first time. Maybe I had an outdated version.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show how you did set up the TTS in its dialog box? Are you using the most recent version of CP2019 which is 11.0.1.266?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lilybiri, thanks for responding! By the way, I really appreciate your blog posts and other responses on this forum. I am learning a lot from them!

My About Adobe Captivate screen shows that I am using the version you mentioned above, 11.0.1.266.

Is this the TTS dialog box? (I'm still learning Captivate ) The second button only shows Microsoft in the screenshot below, but both buttons are set to Zira.

If I should be on a different dialog box, please let me know. Maybe that's the problem.

Thanks again!

Kathryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources