• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 9 Quiz remediation

Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a project that has quiz questions after each section that are remediated with a return to the slide with the content that gives the answer for the question they missed.  The first part works great.  When the student first sees the content there is a playbar.  When they are remediated back to a slide the playbar disappears and a button to return to the quiz appears.  Then they get to the second part it doesn't work that way.  At the first time to the content there is no playbar and the button to return to quiz is there.  This shouldn't happen until after they viewed the sections content and they are returned to the slide from the quiz.  All the return to quiz buttons have unique names and the slides advanced actions are all the same except for changing the buttons names.  The buttons are marked invisible in the properties panel and the AA is what makes them visible.  Or at least is should wait until the student returns to the content from the quiz.  Below is the example AA.Quiz 6 AA IF.jpgQuiz 6 AA Else.jpgthe student has revisited from the quiz.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan, try to use the Preview Action button when making a screenshot of a conditional action, easier to read. It is the first button in the top right control panel, looks like an arrow.

Reason is that you use the system variable cpInQuizScope. When you visit the content slides before the first quiz slide, you are not in the Quiz scope. But once you have been to the first question slide you are IN the scope until the last quiz slide. This means that the content slides between the first sequence of questions and the second sequence are in the quiz scope.

I don't see another system variable to replace it, because there is no system variable exposed for the attempts on question level.

Why do uoui not use the normal remediation built in Captivate since version 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by normal remediation?  We didn't want to just post the answers in the feedback for folks to just arrow through.  We wanted them to go back and see the content again.  This method is something I picked up from a tutorial by Paul Wilson.  The one thing I added was the hide Playbar to the IF action.  Again, so the student can't arrow through.Thank you for the ideas. Susan Wright (Equilady) Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground. http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video describes the InBuilt remediation, where a Next button on the content slide has a doubel functionalioty because it has the command 'Return to Quiz"

Remediation in Quizzing -AdobeCaptivate 6 - YouTube

It was made by a staff member of Adobe, can totally be trusted. That is not the case with all YT video's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that only seems to work if you aren't using the built in playbar in Captivate and our company wants the playbar to be used.  I'll see if I can convince them for this course to let us make our own navigation. Susan Wright (Equilady) Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground. http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. I don't see any way to achieve what you want in an easy way. You would have to track the visits to each quiz slide with a user variable which looks very cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources