Create Video Demo

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Captivate trial.

• I want to create a video demo
  • I have 3 monitors 2 Large and my laptop
  • I am getting disallowed due to mismatching displays.
  • I don't want to use my laptop screen only the others
  • Is there anyway around this because I don't want to make them match.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To capture a software simulation or a Video demo you need to use the primary monitor. In case of a retina monitor you'll have to change dpiawareness in on of the files and make sure the display percentage is set to 100%. Moreover you have to Run Captivate as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  The monitor issue makes Captivate not usable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be surprised if you found any of the current screencapture tools will work much differently.  But you are welcome to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1000 Rod... let him try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted an identical question in the portal, gave some comment there. Video Demo is only a tiny feature of Captivate compared with all its eLearning functionality. If screen capture is your primary goal, look at Camtasia, you don't need a BMW when it can be done with a simple bike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a bug with Captivate running as an administrator.

First, we were doing a Webinar using gotoWebinar. We were showing an area of the monitor set to a specific size. The Captivate application was not recognized. Turned off the Run as Admin for the next session and everything worked fine.

Also when running as an admin, I was doing a software simulation capturing clicks. I navigated to load some images through Captivate and flipped applications to show something in Dreamweaver. The only thing that got Captured as far as clicks were the exporer window and clicks in Dreamweaver. Turned off the Admin and everything was fine.  I was Using Captivate to capture Captivate on a second monitor.

So not running as an Admin allows me to do whatever I want on any monitor.

I reported the bug/anomoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, David.  I never have a multi monitor set up, cannot test it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources