• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone use this forum to find project buddies or is it strictly for technical issues?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to meet with folks and just share project development. I'm quarantined for at least another week. Gotta talk things out sometimes! Let me know if you want to share projects of if I should go somewhere better for that. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It became almost exclusively a question forum. You could try in the eLearning Community which you can reach from within Captivate. However a real 'community' as exists for Articulate users is saddeningly still not a reality.

https://elearning.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lieve points out, this and the Adobe eLearning Community, for some reason, are not set up to be a real community in the sense where people are sharing ideas, content, and discussions. Some days it feels like the two of us and a small number of other users are the only ones engaged with other users. I have tried to kickstart weekly challenges where everyone contributes their sample projects to achieve specific goals, but it hasn't taken off in a meaningful way. Lieve warned me it wouldn't work, and she was right. It fizzled out after a few weeks. It's funny because frequently, I will see a user ask for a weekly challenge contest where people submit their solutions to various eLearning challenges. Still, when one of us tries to move the idea forward, there is little or no engagement from this community. Perhaps the grass is greener on the other side.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And sadly, to top it all off - you can try to share in the eLearning Community but your quarantine might be over before it is moderated and visible for everyone to read. I have waited for a full week for one of my posts to show up on more than one occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderation ussed to be at least 6 times a week, but is now down to 3-4 per week. During holiday season even less. This is indeed very frustrating, reason I recommend eveeryone to post in this forum for questoins. Blogs are rarely urgent... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't want you to think we are scaring you away. Please know you are welcome to join us and ask questions or share content - just know what some of the experience might look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources