• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop Objects Inheriting Parameters of Shared Actions

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a drag and drop interaction, as well as a shared action that is to be triggered by successfully dragging and dropping the correct objections onto the correct drop targets.

I've set up the shared action to trigger "On Success" for each drop target. However, when I go to change the parameters on each object and its shared action, all of the drop targets inherit those parameters. I'm guessing that there's a limitation in the drag and drop interaction that prevents you from adding multiple shared actions on drop targets, but I want to confirm before I go and change the shared action to set of individual advanced actions.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

I am a bit confused by some sentences, but that can be due to terminology.

On Success to me is the final event when the Submit button has been triggered. The action triggered by that event will be done when the user entered a Correct answer. That can be one of the answers listed under Correct Answers, but it takes into account the whole drag&drop slide, not just one Drop target.

Object actions can be executed after each Drag action, maybe you are talking about those?

Parameters have to be defined

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit confused by some sentences, but that can be due to terminology.

On Success to me is the final event when the Submit button has been triggered. The action triggered by that event will be done when the user entered a Correct answer. That can be one of the answers listed under Correct Answers, but it takes into account the whole drag&drop slide, not just one Drop target.

Object actions can be executed after each Drag action, maybe you are talking about those?

Parameters have to be defined for each instance of a shared action. They are never part of an object. What do you mean by 'parameters'?

I have a couple of blogs about shared actions. Can you please show the shared action and explain what it is doing. Which of the candidate parameters have been defined as parameters, which are left to their default value? With candidate parameters I mean the variables and literals.

Here is a link to one of my D&D blog posts where I explain Object Actions:

Drag&Drop Actions - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out.

Like you suggested, I was trying to set the shared action for each drop target on the Actions tab > On Success. I needed to be setting it from Format tab > Object Actions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, marked the thread as Answered.

That was indeed what I suspected. Misunderstanding about the difference between the Actions on interaction level (D&D) triggered by the Submit button, and the individual drag actions which can be linked to the Drag source and the Drop Target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources