• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Quiz results

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm quite new to captivate and currently working on a quiz which will be used as a form of assessment for students after watching an interactive video. I would like to export in HTML and upload to an intranet web portal. The quiz will not be linked to any LMS.

What I'm tryting to figure out is whether it's possible to export the score certificate generated by each student  after the quiz as .txt, .csv, .pdf or even get it to email the results automatically.

Does any one have any experience or can help me in this area?

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Import export , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate's only 'out of the box' solution for reporting that does not involve an LMS is called External Server Reporting.  There is scant documentation about it, and it involves setting up your web server to work with PHP pages in order to get the reporting to work.  Most people find it too complex and that's why they prefer using an LMS.

I have seen others on this forum speak about setting up Google Spreadsheets to collect reporting.  So Google for that idea.

As far as getting automated emails with reporting, that requires some custom JavaScript programming and you need to set up an email gateway to which all users would be able to send message objects.  Captivate doesn't provide a default way to export quiz scores into an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources