Highlighted

Forced navigation for video content

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I need your help.

I am looking to create forced navigation for videos, meaning, that e.g. the next button only shows when the video is watched. I tried to time the button in the timeline so it only appears after the video is fully watched. I know how to create forced navigation for multistate objects, but for videos, it seems like there is nothing that works.

Is there a way to say, that "if" "video" is equal to "done" --> "show" button continue?

Scenario

User enters slide --> on entering video starts to play

Video completed after 2:00 minutes  --> "Continue button" appears

Click continue --> jump to next slide

I was searching everywhere on the web for a solution, but couldn't find anything.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi - you are my only hope.

Thanks a lot in advance

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Forced navigation for video content

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I need your help.

I am looking to create forced navigation for videos, meaning, that e.g. the next button only shows when the video is watched. I tried to time the button in the timeline so it only appears after the video is fully watched. I know how to create forced navigation for multistate objects, but for videos, it seems like there is nothing that works.

Is there a way to say, that "if" "video" is equal to "done" --> "show" button continue?

Scenario

User enters slide --> on entering video starts to play

Video completed after 2:00 minutes  --> "Continue button" appears

Click continue --> jump to next slide

I was searching everywhere on the web for a solution, but couldn't find anything.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi - you are my only hope.

Thanks a lot in advance

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which search engine do you use? There are multiple answers to this question every where. But since you want to have a specific user to help you, won't stand in the way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I didn't find anything so far, could you help me out with a link? Using Chrome and normally quite good with research on the web

I am not looking for help from a specific user ... Obi-Wan Kenobi -- Star Wars reference ("forced" navigation ... wordplay)

Thanks a lot.

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to have a slide paused until the user finishes watching a video I would use Event Video. The reason being is that Event Video has a small neat feature that prevents the slide from advancing to the next slide until the user has finished watching the entire video. Here is a tutorial I did on Event Video that includes this feature and how you could use. In this instance, there is no Next button required. Hide all other navigation and the slide will just stay until the user has watched the entire video.

Event Video for Your Captivate eLearning - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

thanks a lot. That is very helpful and easy.

I might go a little overboard with that, but, how would you approach then having the next button after the video appearing? I want to take away the basic html5 navigation (thanks for this video as well) and have a custom navigation on the slides.

Would you just time the button to appear after the length of the video?

Thanks a lot.. and .. I really like your videos. Very helpful.

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to do that, you need slide video, and have the timeline of the Next button to appear shortly before the end of the slide video. This is the opposite of what the other user tells. I don't like event video because you cannot control it with Captivate's functionality, only with its own control panel. Just a personal preferences.

Event video is fine if you want a multistate object with multiple videos, or a slide with multiple videos (not possible with slide video), or if you need to have video inside of a fluid box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group