Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden buttons still active!

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

on one of my slides, I have several buttons showing lightboxes.

Each lightbox is made of several elements (smartshapes, text, image..) and is covering the totality of the slide.

BUT, even if you don't see the buttons anymore, you can actually click on them.

Can someone explain me why and how I can stop this behaviour?

Thanks a lot

Céline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Captivate and Storyline are two very different animals.  The specific function you like in Storyline doesn't currently exist in Captivate (though you are free to log an enhancement request for it if you want).

With Captivate you can group items together and then HIDE the entire group in one go via an Advanced Action but if you want to disable interactive objects you DO need to specifically disable each one via a line in the Advanced Action, Conditional Action or Shared Action that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give some more details. Are you publishing to HTML? Which type of button do you use? How did you test the output?

If you want to be absolutely sure, you need a sequence of two commands:

Disable

Hide

And the contrary

Show

Enable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a responsive project, published in scorm format

there a transparent buttons that show lightboxes. In the lightbox itself, there is a smartshape to hide the lightbox.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old type of transparent buttons? Did you try the adding enable or disable commands as I showed?

Responsive and lightbox? Are you using Breakpoints, because you cannot stack in Fluid Boxes, or do you use Multistate objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the type of button I'm using and the lightbox which it opens

By disable/enable, you mean in the "advanced actions"?

that would mean that for each button, I have to add the action to disable the others buttons, then on the popup closed button, add the advanced action to enable the buttons, right?

Knowing that I have 10 buttons, I'm looking for something easier. In Storyline, there is an option to actually hide what is below an object and by hiding is meant: you don't see it anymore and you cannot click on it anymore. I'm looking for something like that in captivate.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use StoryLine?

Show/Hide works on a group, but Disable/Enable not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that could be an option but as my whole project in now developed in Captivate, I'd rather stick to it!

Seriously, do you know a quicker option than the enable/disable one? If not, then I'l go this way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate and Storyline are two very different animals.  The specific function you like in Storyline doesn't currently exist in Captivate (though you are free to log an enhancement request for it if you want).

With Captivate you can group items together and then HIDE the entire group in one go via an Advanced Action but if you want to disable interactive objects you DO need to specifically disable each one via a line in the Advanced Action, Conditional Action or Shared Action that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have logged the feature request to be able to disable a group of buttons several times, but didn't get a fix yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that'd be great!! thanks for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If more people did log them, there would be a chance to be heard.

BTW why did you override the style for a Text button by a Transparent button style, instead of choosing a Transparent button which had a default style? Strange, and very bad practice if you ever have to edit the design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, it was a transparent button at the beginning, then I changed it to a text button, thinking that maybe they would behave differentlty and really hide behind my popups. But no, now I know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Text buttons, Transparent buttons and Image buttons are the old style buttons, shape buttons is what I use exclusively but the behavior with enabling is pretty much the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources