Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High volume of questions (few pools of Gift) Files in Responsive project

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am looking for a solution to dramatically increase the speed to prepare a final assessment based on 15 questions randomly taken from a database of more than 400 questions split in 6 pools. Because of the lenght of answers and question text, the template I am using is based on a Responsive Project.

Currently this process takes a lot of time (almosto 1 day) and I can't understand the reason. Files with questions are not so big (the biggest one is 150 kb).

Many thanks for all your suggestion.

Andrea

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As usual - not an English speaker - I have issues with terminology. I sisncerly hope you are N OT using a cptl file, which is a template file because it has a kit if oroblmes and I don't see why you would need a template at all.

Quiz slides are based on Quizzing master slides, which are part of the Theme of a project, maybe you meant that you are using a THeme?

Do you want totell that you are using a respolnsive theme for a non-responsive rpoject? That has no sense, at least not when you mean a responsive project developed with Fluid Boxes because those fluid boxes will simply disappear in a n on-responsive project, have no utility whatsoeve. Which version do you use?

AFAIK the biggest formatting prolem is for long answers because the master slides are essentially designed for onel-line answers and the master slides do not allow to edit the size of the individual answers at all. You can only format the Answer area which is the container surrounding the answers. A workaround has been posted in this forum by a user who told that he starts out with an Answer Object style with a much larger font size than required. That will make the answer boxs size increase in height. Once the questions are imported, you need to r set the answer object style to a lower font size, and have it applied to the master slides, which normally will happen automatically. It is then sufficient to Rest the Master slides for all questions in each pool. That may take a whle, but could speed up your process considerably  For a consultancy job I had todo such updates for many pools as well, but it didn't take me a day, just some more cups of coffee.

BTW Object styles is another component of a Theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources