• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make a pop-up window appear upon button press?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to make a pop-up window appear when a user presses a specific button within a slide. Is this possible in Captivate 7?

Thank you for your help.

-Stacey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

What do you need in that pop-up window, do you need an alert message or a URL ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I want to display a 3D image on pdf. I want to display a box by clicking on any object on the pdf and showing the information of the object. There will be text in this box but these operation should  not be a video in the pdf. I need to be able to control these things with the mouse. Can I do all this with "Adobe"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose "javascript" from the options (if you're using advanced actions, use the "current" window).  Then type:

alert('your message here');

Note that the javascript seems to run a bit slowly.

You could also have it jump to another slide (or another website) depending on what type of pop-up window you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I've done in a couple projects:

1.  Create a smartshape (i.e., rounded rectangle) and put your desired text within this shape.  In the properties tab check "use as a button" and uncheck "visible in output."  In your "on success" action, set it to Hide > Smartshape you just created.  This essentially sets up a pop up window that acts as a button to hide itself when you're done.  I usually place an "X" up in the corner to indicate that you can close the window by clicking on it.

2.  Set your button up that you want to show the pop-up, by assigning it an "on success" action to Show > Smartshape from #1 above.  This button will show the smartshape.. the smartshape itself will hide itself.

Or.. look at examples others have posted about doing conditional actions to show/hide objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would not use JS in this case but simple Hide/Show actions. I have a library with some shared actions that I can use at any moment, and some Hide/Show actions are in there: parameter can be an object or a group. I have combinations of Hide + show (to hide a whole group of objects and then show one), or with more than one Hide and/or show action. Easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "popup", do you mean in a new window separate from the Captivate window? Or do you just want a message to display on the slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, please define pop up in a bit more detail, i might be able to help also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a 6 years old thread... has no sense to answer it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources