• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does the app function work in captivate 9?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Captivate 8 and 9 it is possible to publish directly to an app. The app provider used is Phonegap. I have tried to install it and get started but it is not that simple,  maybe I am doing it all wrong. It seems like you need to know java to be able to build your own app, is that correct? I thought it would be much easier to use this function. Can anyone explain to me how it works, please?

/Lilli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Publish the app from Captivate.
  2. Log in to build.phonegap.com
  3. Download the APK (in case of android) and install.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can follow the following steps for Publishing using phone Gap,

for android

1)Login into Phone Gap from Captivate using your Adobe ID.

2)Provide version, name and Package in the associated fields.

3)Go ahead and publish.

4)Once the publish is done go ahead and scan the generated QR code.

5)Follow the link,your app download will begin.

for iOS

follow the same steps, but make sure you have the key and the certificate associated with your developer account updated on the phone gap site.

Thanks,

Aditya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

I still don't get what I need to do in Phone Gap before publishing?! Do I need to know HTML or Java (because i don't), and what is a Package and how do I get a key and certificate? Can someone please explain in detail what I need to do and if it is possible to use Phone Gap without knowing HTML or Java? Do need to create my own app in some way?

/Lilli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have checked the Captivate Help Files, thank you! And since this is all new to me I find some parts hard to understand. Now I only have one question: To generate the certificate I need to have a Mac. So, I work with Captivate on a PC, can I not use the function "Publish to devices (apps)" then? Is this only possible to do when using a Mac?

/Lilli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can go ahead and use publish to devices(apps) function from your desktop,which will generate the QR code, which you need to scan from your apple device.

Make sure you have updated your iOS certificates on your phoneGap account.

Thanks,

Aditya Tiwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! and I am sorry for having trouble understanding all this. But as far as I have understood this, I need a Mac to generate the iOS certificates? How do I do it using a PC?

/Lilli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilli,

If you just need a debug version that you/other people can download to a mobile device directly, Phone Gap provides that (you just need a QR code reader). If you are trying to distribute your app on a platform like Google Play, well...it's more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and I don´t get the opportunity to publish for Windows devices like Windowsphone.Perhaps it works in Windows 8 like it is described in the Adobe Help pages. Android and IOS is no problem on Windows 10. Can anybody help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources