• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change preferences when publishing to Word as Story Board in Captivate 8?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  In order to collaborate with colleagues, I've been using the print - storyboard - publish feature frequently and then e-mailing that Word file.  However, I find that this view is too detailed.  Is it possible to adjust the settings so it just shows the slides and Text Captions or whatever else I see as important?  For instance, could I turn "off" it itemizing every button or click box?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the other Print options? Like handouts? You can also edit the templates used for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the other Print options - the information on handouts wasn't specific enough.  I feel like Goldilocks - too much info, not enough info.  When you say edit the templates for handouts, is that simply the features on the print screen like # of slides per page or is there a more in depth way to edit the templates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, was talking about the Word templates, in Gallery, PrintOutput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played around and you can also edit the StoryBoard template in the same manner (under Gallery, PrintOutput) which would enable turning off and on what output shows in the StoryBoard print option.  Adjusting the script seems a little advanced for me, but I'll play with it once I'm more familiar with the system.  I'm glad to know it can be done.  Thanks for the idea of editing the files in Gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thread here: Customizing Publish Options for Word Doc.

I've replied in that thread, and asked if others have had success.

If you have examples, or documentation, to share, please post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This is appreciated.  It seems like a big time investment getting the template down, but it would save lots of reformatting time in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simplified Conversion Template that outputs only the closed caption text with the associated slide number to be used as a Narration Script.  We calculate the word count in the footer and send it on to the Voice Over talent.  Take this code and place it in a .doc file in a known location and use the ellipses next to the drop-down selection for the templates that Adobe delivers to browse for this file.  Note: This template will produce the narration script based on the closed caption text found in the demo. The spacing and formatting of the items in this document directly affect layout of the final MSWord document. For instance you can see that the slide numbers text below is bold so that formatting will follow through to the final output.

[CPDefaultItemTemplates

[CPTemplates

Slide[CPSlideNumber]

[CPBlockInsert] [CC1[CPCC]CC1][CCN[CPCC]CCN]CPTemplates]CPDefaultItemTemplates]

[CPCapturedSlide

Slide [CPSlideNumber]

[CPBlockInsert][CPTemplates CPTemplates]CPCapturedSlide]

[CPContentSlide

Slide [CPSlideNumber]

[CPBlockInsert][CPTemplates CPTemplates]CPContentSlide]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might of worked in previous versions of captivate but in Captivate 2019 it adds the text....

before each slide note entry

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Arial;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\fs16

after each slide note entry 

.\par

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources