• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reset a variable that increments when clicked

Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 12 questions on a slide and they have to get all correct in order to move on.  I have 2 variables.  Like is incremented by one when correct for each question.  When variable like is greater or equal to 12 they move on to the next slide. 

When they answer a question incorrectly my Unlike variable is incremented by 1.  If the variable is 1 or greater they jump back to start that slide again.  

I have a Advanced Action on enter that says assign like variable to 0   and unlike variable to 0.  This is not resetting for some reason because if I get them all correct on the second run through it still sends me back to start the slide again.  

I have included my advanced actions screen shots below.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Your interaction needs to be a little more complicated than you have made it in order for it to be much more robust and reliable.

I would suggest you need to have one tracking variable for each question, set it to 0 by default, and have the On Success action of the question execute an Advanced Action where the first decision block is NOT conditional but just sets the relevant tracking variable for that question to 1 when the user answers correctly.  Then you need a second decision block in the sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your interaction needs to be a little more complicated than you have made it in order for it to be much more robust and reliable.

I would suggest you need to have one tracking variable for each question, set it to 0 by default, and have the On Success action of the question execute an Advanced Action where the first decision block is NOT conditional but just sets the relevant tracking variable for that question to 1 when the user answers correctly.  Then you need a second decision block in the same Advanced Action that IS set to be Conditional which checks the values of all tracking variables and advances the user to whatever slide you want them to go to after all questions are correct.

If you want to go back through these questions again afterward, you are going to need an action that resets all tracking variables back to 0 again in readiness for the next attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod -Thank you , I added individual variables to each question and assigned each variable on enter to 0.  This worked perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources