• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing MP4 quality issues in Captivate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the record demo funtion in Captivate. The video quality is fairly crisp and clean. After I save that as a video and import the MP4 into my Captivate project, the quality degrades significantly. I tried resizing the screen capture size to the exact size of the space within the project, which improved things but it is still very pixelated and looks unprofessional. Is there a setting that I need to change, a different approach to take, or is this just one of those things that one has to "live with" with Captivate? I appreciate any guidance. 

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the video in exact the resolution you need it in Captivate. Rescaling always leads to quality loss (except for vector based images).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it helped a little but it is still noticably pixelated. Thank you, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to tell, because that is a setting which I always edit when installing a fresh copy of Captivate. In Preferences, Recording under Video Demo activate 32-bit instead of the default 16-bit. It needs to be done before the recording and is not only affecting the quality of Video Demo but also for FMR slides in a software simulation. My apologies, I'm so used to do so since 10 years (when Video Demo didn't even exist) that it slipped my mind. Not a real solution after the recording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that might have done it! Getting the supervisor's thumbs up. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean the switch to 32-bit?  Can you mark the correct answeer to close the thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources