• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing PowerPoint slides: Cannot select which file to import

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I tried to import PowerPoint slides, I had no problem. From the Captivate file I was working on, I went to File > Import > PowerPoint Slides... , I was prompted to select a PowerPoint file, and then I was given the option to select all, or some of the slides from the PowerPoint file. Great.

The problem:

Later, while working with the same Captivate file, I needed to import slides from another PowerPoint file. Again I went to File > Import > PowerPoint Slides... . However, I was not prompted to select a PowerPoint file. Instead, this is the window that opened:

The PowerPoint file is already selected for me. But I don't need to import more slides from this PowerPoint file. I need to import slides from another one.

However, I see no option to select another PowerPoint file.

What can I do now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

The dialogue window is asking where you want to import the slides. It allows you to import slides somewhere other than the end of your project. If you want the additional slides at the end of your project (slide 53), just hit okay. You will then be given an option to upload a different file. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialogue window is asking where you want to import the slides. It allows you to import slides somewhere other than the end of your project. If you want the additional slides at the end of your project (slide 53), just hit okay. You will then be given an option to upload a different file. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I see that after I click OK, I'm able to select the PowerPoint file I want to import slides from. I was confused, because I was expecting that I would be prompted to select the PowerPoint file first.

Your answer is correct, and very helpful. Thank you for your prompt response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NP, and you aren't crazy for being confused

I had to play with it for a little while until I figured it out. It isn't real intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources