• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In LMS (Cornerstone) Adobe Captivate SCORM file will not play sound unless there is a restart

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a short sample Lesson in Captivate 2017 release.  It plays fine in preview in Captivate but when I upload it (both SCORM and AICC) to the LMS (Cornerstone) the audio will not begin unless I restart the lesson.  The slides all progress with correct timing, just the sound will not play the first time you start it; it must be restarted.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Originally I had the sound starting with an object on the 2nd slide.   I took out the 1st slide that didn't have audio; no luck.  I've added audio to the first slide; no luck.  I added dead space before the audio in the timeline; no luck.  I've set the Fade In to 1 sec; no luck.  The audio is all narration.  I am new to Captivate (and lesson authoring in general).  All suggestions are appreciated as I can't launch the LMS with this bug.  Oh yes, Cornerstone says it must be coming from the lesson authoring tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Try this: Add a button on the first or second slide of the project that pauses the timeline, so that the end user will be required to click that button to start playback of the project.

Publish this version and test on your LMS to see if it resolves the issue and then report back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Add a button on the first or second slide of the project that pauses the timeline, so that the end user will be required to click that button to start playback of the project.

Publish this version and test on your LMS to see if it resolves the issue and then report back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome - Thanks so much for this assist.  Been struggling for a week.  Came in this am, inserted the button, did a revision to the lesson in Captivate and it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources