• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge Check Question - Possible to hide SKIP button until click SUBMIT?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am currently building an e-learning module from scratch and in the middle of it I have a Knowledge Check question

with is of the multiple choice variety, giving the user an infinite number of attempts to get the question right.

All I have is a SUBMIT, SKIP and PREVIOUS button at the bottom.

Now... is this possible?:-

When the user gets to this screen, the SKIP button is invisible while they can see the SUBMIT and PREVIOUS buttons.

The SKIP button only appears when they have selected the correct answer and then clicked SUBMIT.

Can this be done with a Knowledge Check question OR do I have to build my own bespoke interaction slide that looks like

a question slide and do some conditional coding etc?

Thanks

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds very strange. SKIP means that the learner doesn't want to answer that question.  If they have given a correct answer, SKIP makes no sense to me.... The Submit process is exactly the same as for a normal quiz slides, with two steps as described here:

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning

Comparsion between KC slides and normal Quiz slides:

Knowledge Check Slides - tips - Captivate blog

Unless... you are talking about KC slides as overlay slides in an interactive video????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I could see where if someone were going through the material a second time - that you might want the option to skip the questions since they already answered them the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is stored from a KC slide. If that is the reason which you may guess correctly, it shouldn't be done with the embedded Skip button, but by adding a custom shape button, if the slide has already been visited.  There is no control over embedded objects, they have no ID. That means a tracking variable for each KC slide. Waiting for an answer of the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client wants the functionality whereby the user has to answer the question and click Submit before a SKIP or (maybe better in this case) a NEXT button materialises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is different from the guess explained by StagPrime. Did you have a look at the link I posted about tweaking quiz slides? I suspect your client still thinks in the terminology of old versions, where the SKIP button doubled as Next button during Review.  The Next functionality has always been part of the Submit process. You could see a tweaking possibility in my blog.  It is Quiz tweak 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was postulating as to why they wanted a 'Skip' button rather than that they wanted a 'Skip' button.

If they want a 'Next' button - that would seem to make more sense than having a 'Skip' button appear. That changes things. Always good to know what meaning a person has for a choice of words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure... strange how old terminology (SKIP used as NEXT) ris sticking on. The new Review buttons are present since 3 versions. But your interpretation was very logical....thanks.

For the present meaning I had already a tweak described in a blog post a while ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources