Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limited number of slides / file size?

New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is the number of slides in a captivate projekt, respectively the file size limited?

Can`t find any information in the user guide...

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you WILL find any number limit given in the user guide about this.

A long time ago, in a Captivate version far far away, there used to be a practical limit on the number of slides and projects became more and more unstable as you approached that limit.

But ever since Captivate started using CPTX file endings (with Captivate 5.0) that limit has more or less disappeared.  I have heard of projects with thousands of slides and file sizes measured in Gigabytes.  I don't suggest you ignore slide numbers or file-size as important, only that there are many other more important design factors nowadays that you should spend your time on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Rod's answer concerning file size: will your course be delivered only to dekstop/laptops connected using a high speed connection or do you alos expect the course to be viewed on smartphones, which have lot less power and may be connected to a 4G netwok or much less. Here in Belgium 4G is available everywhere, but from my frequent visits to the USA I know that is not at all the case everywere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to also add to what's been said here as well. It's less about the number of slides and more about how optimized the content is. I've created project files that are many hundreds of slides, however, they run smoothly as can be because the objects in the project have been optimized for size and publish out as relatively small projects.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources