Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac .app file cannot be opened if downloaded

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using Adobe Captivate 10.0.0.192 on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra (version 10.13.6).

I have created a project that I've exported as both a Windows .exe and a Mac .app file. I've been able to share the .exe file without issue. I was also able to transfer the .app file onto a thumbdrive and transfer that to a Macbook that didn't have Captivate, which worked completely fine.

However, when I try to send the file via a filesharing system (i.e., Dropbox or Google Drive), every user who has downloaded it has encountered this error: "[File] is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

How can I transfer a .app file successfully? I couldn't upload the .app file to Dropbox without first compressing it in a folder. I could upload the file to Google Drive, though it compresses it when it's downloaded. I'm wondering if the compression is damaging the file but I don't know how to circumnavigate that.

What else can I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not exactly the same thing but I had experience sharing an Adobe Captivate project using cloud sharing a few years ago. I discovered that there was enough code contained in my eLearning project for the security systems in a particular cloud storage service that their anti-malware software disabled the functionality of my eLearning course. My workaround was to ZIP up the content in a password protected ZIP file so that the software wouldn't detect the code. Users needed to know the password and add the additional step of unzipping the shared file but it worked. This might be a solution for you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources