I am using Adobe Captivate Version 11.5.1.
I am working on a course that includes mathcing slide quizzes, I have noticed that when the course is uploaded to the LMS (HTML Outpout) the drop down menu list is not in alignement with its title. Please see exmaple image below.
Could someone please help me find a resolution to this issue?
Which theme do you use? Can you check the Master slide for Matching questions? Is the alignment correct there?
Thank you for your prompt reposnse!
We use a custom theme. I did check the master slide and the alignment is correct.
Did you save that theme in this version? Can you retry 'Reset Master slide? Have of course no idea how that custom theme has been set up, nor in which version it has been created. Themes have been improved quite a lot in this version.
Forgot to ask: is it a non-responsive or a Fluid Boxes project?
This is a non responsive project.
The theme was created in Adobe Captivate 2017. I did reset the master slide and saved the theme without any success.
Sorry, seems to be related to that theme and that is difficult to check on a forum. There are several custom iitems on the slide. Can you create a small one-slide project with the theme to see if you can reproduce the problem?
The first image I posted was for a small project that I created just to test if the problem was persistant. Do you think it would be better fot me to contact tech support?
I'm just a user, although I have published quite a lot of blogs about quizzes and themes, which means I have experimented a lot. But this problem is very specific. You created that first test project before upgrading the theme, right? Did you check also in SCORM Cloud to see if it has the same problem? Do you see the problem when using Preview HTML in Browser (F11)?
I created the first project before updating the themE;then, I did update the theme of an entire course that I uploaded on the LMS.
The small project and the upgraded course's matching quiz slides have the same alignment issue in F11 and LMS (SCORM CLOUD).
This 'issue' has always been present with the Matching Question slides as far as I know. The column heading text is a separate text object to the answers that fall beneath it. So you can move the heading to the left or right independently of the column of answers underneath. It takes a bit of trial and error, but eventually you can have the heading 'appear' to be aligned correctly.
The other thing that needs to be manually configured is the width of each answer in the left column so that the lines that link it to an item on the right column appear to come from where the text ends on each line. By default, all of the answer text boxes in the left column will be the same width. But the text inside these boxes will be of differing lengths. I find that the matching question makes more sense to end users if those connecting lines begin near where the answer text stops. Otherwise, they can often appear to be unconnected to the answer. So, the trick is to just reduce the width of the text boxes on each left column answer so that it nears the length of the text. But don't reduce it too much otherwise the text will wrap and then it may seem to disappear at runtime.
Thank you to both of you for answering my questions.
I did try RodWard's suggestion and it worked :).
I had a different alignment problem but It's somewhat similar so I'll post the fix here. In the screenshot below the top image shows how the A and C were displaying in the browser; too high. I re-shaped the left column but then I also had to change the alignment of the right column text to "top justified", as seen in the second image.
Captivate defaults this to the middle, so switching top top justify fixed the problem in the browser display and everything looks proper.