• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 video no playing in Captivate 9

Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is a WIN 10 system using Captivate 9.  When we try to load the video as an event video we keep getting error messages.  When we try taking it to media encoder we get error messages, so we can't change the codec to H264.  This video plays fine in the Microsoft media player and in the properties shows MP4 for the format. 

I saw on another question with a similar problem that to test that it is the correct MP4 format was to drag it into a browser window.  I tried that and the only thing that happened was that Microsoft Media Player opened and it played there not in the browser window.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

That is very bad sign, because AME can convert lot of formats.  Recording the video while it plays with the Video Demo packaged in Captivate, which is set to 32-bit in Preferences is probably the best way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you need to convert that video. I had good results in the past with an free tool called HandBrake (available for PC and Mac from https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php).

I had similar issues where I received mp4 files from the client but they were not 'workable'. They would run in some player but needed to be reconverted to mp4 with a broader level of compatibility.

If you still get error messages, can you include screenshots or content of the error message? that might help us point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I don't see my company letting me download free software.  Our workaround has been to have it play and record it with Captivate.  It works but it isn't the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried the Adobe Media Encoder and it didn't recognize the video format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe Media Encoder wouldn't take it either.  I'd seen where you'd told someone to use AME and make it an H264 but it wouldn't accept the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very bad sign, because AME can convert lot of formats.  Recording the video while it plays with the Video Demo packaged in Captivate, which is set to 32-bit in Preferences is probably the best way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources