• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Settings > SCORM 1.2 > Custom Template

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching for any documentation on the Custom Template option available under the SCORM 1.2 option when enabling reporting. Can anyone point me to any resources or help enlighten me as to what this feature is and how to use it?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 9.53.22 AM.png

-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would ONLY use this option if you had access to professional progamming expertise and wanted to create your own customised SCORM template.  That would only be necessary if you had some kind of bespoke LMS that didn't play well with the normal SCORM templates.  If that's not the case, then ignore this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Can this be used as a way to insert some custom JS, not necessarily having to do with SCORM?

Regardless, do you know where to find more info? I really miss the "manuals" that would detail every window, dialog and panel and all their features along with being nicely indexed...

Thanks!

ps. I am the professional programming expert in our group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For JS, why not include an external JS file? Why should it have to be in the SCORM template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you COULD put custom JS code in the HTML template.

But as Lieve points out, and as you would probably also agree (as a programmer), the better way to insert JS code would be via a linked JS file rather than putting it into the HTML template.

Adobe isn't strong on providing good HELP documentation.  So, in general, other than what you can find in the Captivate Help file you would need to work out the structure yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod,

If it were just me making a one-off lesson, I would agree that its pretty easy to insert after publishing, but I work on a team with 10 or so instructional designers. We all use the same template and code. Not all the IDs have a coding background, so rather than have that many people mucking around in the published files, I'm looking for other ways to insert the custom code.

Currently we are using widgets to insert our code, which is working ok. I also built a shell script that does some search and replace in the CPM.js file as needed.

Hence my wondering about the publishing template. From what little I found, using the SCORM template looks like it would a little more work on the ID's side to position the files on their computer properly, rather than opening the template with the current widgets already inserted.

Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources