Scrolling page

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I'm trying to create a project with several steps like a mission. And the learner as to follow step by step and, and pedagogically all the element should stay in the same page.

I know that with Articultate it is possible to create a project with the possibiliy to scroll the page, is there a what to do that with Captivate ?

Thank you,

Karim

TOPICS
Advanced, Editing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Advocate , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021
While not exactly the same - you could place a little JavaScript as an onEnter action to your first slide to allow you to use the scroll wheel to advance and go backwards through your slide deck. $(window).on("wheel",function(event) { if (event.originalEvent.deltaY<0) { cp.goToPreviousSlide(); } else { cp.goToNextSlide(); } });

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the way Articulate Rise scrolls down the page with each section acting as a separate block, then the answer is no.  Captivate does not work like this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

This is pity! It woul give more possibilities for the authoritors...

You think this is soemthing that it could be developed in the futur? or it is not compatible with the Captivate conception ?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity: why is scrolling in your view so essential for eLearning courses? I don't like scrolling, but apparently you do.  I am sure you can find a lot of possibilities in Captivate which do not exist in Rise. As long as the tool can be used to reach the goal: efficient, engaging learning assets, I don't think specific features are the most important. If you like that scrolling, please use Rise.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While not exactly the same - you could place a little JavaScript as an onEnter action to your first slide to allow you to use the scroll wheel to advance and go backwards through your slide deck.

$(window).on("wheel",function(event) {
if (event.originalEvent.deltaY<0) {
cp.goToPreviousSlide();
}
else {
cp.goToNextSlide();
}
});

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That't great, thank you man!

With some advanced actions I will be able to finaize my project.

Cheers,

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines