Highlighted

Sharing variables in multiple projects in Moodle

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have been researching this topic and found a couple of responses but none that really answer my needs.

First, I am using Captivate 2019, publishing as HTML5 SCORM packages and hosting the projects in Moodle (currently 3.8).

Here's the project as planned. This is for an Employee Onboarding course that will be multiple small modules on the topics spread out over the course of a year. To answer the questions, the presentations given over the year come when they are eligible for the benefit, 180 days after start they get the presentation on vacation leave when they are eligible, etc.

The planned project is going to be a role-playing game of sorts. During the course, they learn a bit of information, then apply the information gaining experience points. When they reach enough they level up. The learner also is able to choose thier avatar for the course. Input specific information, etc. 

What I would like to do is share the avatars chosen, the current exp and level, and other information gathered during the courses. 

But since our employees are spread out over 50 locations and may use multiple computers, storing locally might become a problem. 

Is there a way to export the variables into a Moodle database that can be pulled at a later time. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sharing variables in multiple projects in Moodle

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have been researching this topic and found a couple of responses but none that really answer my needs.

First, I am using Captivate 2019, publishing as HTML5 SCORM packages and hosting the projects in Moodle (currently 3.8).

Here's the project as planned. This is for an Employee Onboarding course that will be multiple small modules on the topics spread out over the course of a year. To answer the questions, the presentations given over the year come when they are eligible for the benefit, 180 days after start they get the presentation on vacation leave when they are eligible, etc.

The planned project is going to be a role-playing game of sorts. During the course, they learn a bit of information, then apply the information gaining experience points. When they reach enough they level up. The learner also is able to choose thier avatar for the course. Input specific information, etc. 

What I would like to do is share the avatars chosen, the current exp and level, and other information gathered during the courses. 

But since our employees are spread out over 50 locations and may use multiple computers, storing locally might become a problem. 

Is there a way to export the variables into a Moodle database that can be pulled at a later time. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just see that you didn't get any answer. I cannot help you since I don't have any experience with Moodle and am not able to tell you whether user variables can be extracted from the data transferred to Moodle to be reused in other modules.

The user variables which are created by default in each Captivate project: cpQuizInfoStudentName and cpQuizInfoStudentId are normally retrieved from the account of the student in the LMS. They can be used in each course. But have no idea about other user variables.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0