Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide transitions

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am using Captivate 2017 (10.0.0.192) and am trying to apply a slide transitions (for the entire slide, not content or objects on the slide).

This webpage provides simple instructions to do this, however I cannot see the transition list.

I have a slide selected from the filmstrip and these are my options.

Style.PNGActions.PNGOptions.PNG

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Jayne.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide transitions are a SWF (shockwave flash) animation. As such, they are not available for responsive design projects due to being exclusively HTML5 format. I suggest looking into HTML5 animations and using object effect animations to try and mimic what you want your slides to do. Be sure to go to Project -> HTML5 tracker to see if there is any SWF conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working on a responsive project, which doesn't support slide transitions.  Was that tutorial for a normal project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can. You have to select your slide then press on "Timing" (next to properties top right) then select from the drop down options. There doesn't seem to be any control of the length of the transition eg I wanted my fade to be 5 seconds but I can't seem to control that anywhere.

Capture.JPG

Moderator: you cannot use slide transitions in any responsive project or in a non-responsive project published to HTML. Check the HTML Tracker

The info in this answer is irrelevant, only valid for SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you give wrong information Slide transitions are NOT supported for HTML output. Responsive projects are always HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have slide transitions in your non-responsive project and save it as a responsive project you keep the slide transitions. However, there is no way to change or disable them when working in the resp-project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they work after publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they do . However, if you would like to change or disable them there is no way of doing so... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange, I suspect they'll only show up on desktop/laptop but not on mobile devices. Same as for rollovers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started using Captivate 2019 and discovered that there isn't an option for slide transition!  But I discovered that there is a still an option to fade in and out for objects.  So I'm adding white squares over my slides and then using the fade out option.  When published, the visual experience is the same as using slide transition.  The only downside is that you can't see the actual slide in the source file after you add the shape over it. My plan is to do that last, right before I publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources