Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tab click box between edit fields flashes a yellow box

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon,

I am using Adobe Captivate v. 11.5.1.499. 

I have created a project that has 4 edit fields.In each field I type in some text and then ask the user to press Tab to move to the next edit field. I repeat this 4 times. The Tab is handled by creating a Click Box with the Tab as a shortcut. Each time I am pressing the Tab key though it flashes up a yellow box at the top of the project (testing is done in the Published project) before focussing on the next slide.

Any idea why this is occurring?

Thanks

Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question. Why do you not use the shortcut key for the Text Entry Box, why do you need a click box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon,

The project is a training simulation and when I recorded the CBT I typed in the values and press Tab for each edit field.

When I came to run the recorded CBT project, for these 4 fields I enter the text and it says press Tab, but it automatically goes to the next slide. What I would like to happen is to automatically type in the value by stating we will add a value of 7 and then press Tab. The project pauses until the user presses Tab to move to the next slide.

Since when recording the CBT it didn't add a click box to pause till user response I manually added them.

Hope that clarifies the point .

Regards

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didin't tell it was a software sim. Each field with its Text Entry Box will be on an individual slide, that is the way software sims are set up. Did you change that? You could have edited the shortcut key for the TEB and set it to Tab. How many attempts? Do not leave it to Infinite. What is the Success action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I would include a picture of the click box properties. It is set to indefinite tries. No success, hint or failure messages. It just pauses till Tab is pressed.

ClickBox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press tab the following Yellow box appears for a 1/2 second before going to the next slide.

Yellow Box.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You seem not to understand what I wrot. In a software sim click boxes are inserted when only a click is needed, one click box on a slide. When a Text has to be entered, a Text Entry Box is inserted, also one on a slide. I don't know why you need a Click box on a slide where you have a TEB? You have edited the default setup, but cannot detect what you have edited.

I didn't ask for the Properties of the click box but of the TEB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources