• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TEB recording error in windows 8 and 10

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community. When we record a user typing interaction in training simulation mode, it does not create a TEB (text entry box). This worked perfect in windows 7 and Vista, but in windows 8 and 10 it no longer works. We use Captivate 8.

Br Ole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Windows 8.1. - CP8 and CP9. Admin use, training mod, "Automatically add text entry box for text fields" selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donalall. Thank you very much for your reply. I tried opening Captivate 9 as administrator and did the settings you suggest, but still, the recording done not capture the TEB field. Did the test on windows 10 and 8. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ole

I have the same problem as you.

I was just explaining the settings i was using

i.e. I tried in CP8 and CP9, Admin use, training mod, - "Automatically add text entry box for text fields" selected.

Donal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donalall. Sorry I misunderstood. So you still have the TEB issue, also if you logon as Admin, as I also have?

I have started chat with Adobe Captivate support, but so far they have only suggested that I try change screen resolution, which naturally did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

This may or may not help, but logging onto your PC as an Administrator is NOT the same as using Run As Administrator to launch the application.  You need to right-click on the Captivate EXE in Program Files or on one of the Captivate shortcuts elsewhere, and then choose Run As Administrator from the context menu.  Try that and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod "Run as Adminstrator" does not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, i have the same problem with captivate 8 installed on windows 8....

this is very bad....

I need a solution... the software only save mouse clicks?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realize this is an old post, but I am having this issue of Text Entry Boxes not being captured while recording with Captivate 9 and Windows 10 - none of my text boxes are captured for Training or Assessment simulations, there is only a video captured of the text entry, as if I were capturing a drag and drop operation. I can manually create the TEB, but I do not want to keep doing this, as it is very time consuming and I am on a tight timeline. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources