• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

triggering actions on mouseover

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making eLearning on an application that opens sub-menus whenever the user rolls over a menu item. I am desperately trying to find a way to simulate this in captivate. But I can no longer find a way to go to the next slide on rollover. It used to be possible in previous versions of captivate.

A Rollover slidelet allows for actions on rollover, but I need to publish to HTML so that is out. Despite what adobe documentation says, Rollover Images and Rollover Captions do seem to publish to HTML5, but you cannot add actions to them like a button or a click box. My learners will be using laptop/desktop computers with a mouse (no mobile users) so that is not a problem.

Does anybody know a way of triggering a basic action or Advanced action when the user rolls over something? It seems tht since mobile users can't do this, Captivate has decided that none of the rest of us can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the Rollover slidelet ever allowed an action on Rollover (but not on Rollout) even in SWF times and for all the Captivate versions I have used (started with CP1).  Your statement is bit wrong, unless you used another application.

Rollover caption and Rollover Image are indeed functional and possible in non-responsive projects, but only on desktop and laptop. Ignore the HTML tracker, is incorrect on that point. Mimicking rollover for a fluid boxes project is possible using multistate objects, but also only for desktop/laptop:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/rollover-in-fluid-boxes

However it has NEVER been possible to launch an action with a Rollover Image, nor with a Rollover Caption on rollover. 

Use JS to create extra events (as in the past with AS), or use the CpExtra widget of InfoSemantics (not free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve is correct.  Unless you are a JavaScript programmer, the only other way to create new events (e.g. Rollover) that can be used to trigger Actions in Captivate is to use the CpExtra HTML5 widget.

You can find some more information about creating Event Listeners with CpExtra here in the Help files:

https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/features/event-listeners.html#what-do-event-listeners-do

https://infosemantics.com.au/about-cpextra/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. I had found refs to the CpExtra widget, but was hoping there was a way without the 3rd party object (or becoming a javascript programmer 😉

Appreciate the quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None that I know of.  The fact that Captivate does not have a wider variety of run-time events is something I regard as a major weakness of an otherwise excellent tool.  Articulate Storyline actually has more of these events than Captivate for several years, so this is something Adobe has not addressed in a very timely manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources