• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two problems: Audio & links to PDFs

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created a few LMS modules and using them the ACTO App (LMS). We seem be experience two small issues:

Audio keeps playing when App is minimised

The slides have an audio track playing but when the user minimises the App or navigate to another tab on a browsers, the audio and the slide continues to play. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Links to PDF

We have also added several PDFs to the LMS modules. These PDF documents open in a new window on a browser, but when using the ACTO app. They open in the same window. So, users need to relaunch the module. 

Any help with these two issues would be greatly apprecaited.

Kind Regards

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Audio and video , Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you check what is happening if you just link to an image instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To check if the problems are due to Captivate or to the LMS, you could try to upload to SCORM Cloud for testin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the second issue where the PDFs appear to open in the same window as the lession, just check whether in fact the course window IS still open but is now behind the LMS window.  I had this same problem with an LMS last week.  I thought opening a PDF had booted me out of the course because I could no longer see the course window.  However, it turned out that the course had indeed opened the PDF in a new tab or window, but it had shunted the course window to another window right behind the LMS window where I could no longer see it.  You might be experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources