• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video demo: external audio recorder

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording a video demo and want to use an external audio recorder for the final narration. Is there a way to sync the 2 audio tracks (one recorded with my laptop's in-built mic and one recorded externally) inside Captivate or do I need to use something like Audition?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no easy way to  do this, sorry.

Usually this is my workflow, because I also like to have a final audio clip:

• ICreate a script for the audio.
  • When recording the video demo I will rad the script, to have at least a timing approximately synchronized with my movements (visual part).
  • I will edit the Video Demo in the editor: trimming, splitting, panning, zooming, adding static objects, clip transitions....
  • When finished I have a good idea about the length of the final audio clip, will record it in Audition (or another app like Audacity).
  • I replace the draft audio by the final clip
  • Some adjustments may be needed.

Another tip: I always record  short video clips, and seqenced them. It makes it easier for the audio clips as well (although they need to be one long audio) and it is a necessity when I want to use the result for an interactive vdieo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have done when I've screen-recorded before.

This was a project with me chatting in the corner of the screen. What I tried was publish the video and edit it in Premiere Pro, thinking I could then use the sync function I always do and use my externally recorded audio for that. But I need not worry about that now, as the published Video Demo is so badly out of sync with the audio that I need to just forget about including me in the videos and use Windows' own screen recording tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the Video Problems is that you don't have the embedded audio available as an individual  timeline. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources