• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Captivate Forum?

Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search Captivate forums, I frequently get no hits. Is there a way to search all the Captivate forums and get hits? Here is an example of what happens to me.

When I search for posts with strings like "v5.5" or "v 5.5" I do not get any results but I know the post exists. What am I doing wrong? Here are a couple of screenshots

What I search for:

Adobe Captivate Search Forums Screen Shot with post not found.png

What I get back:

Adobe Captivate Search Forums Screen Shot.png

But here's a post in the "Project Upgrade" forum:

Adobe Captivate Search Forums Screen Shot with post found.png

Yet, when I go to the "Project Upgrade" forum and search for the same thing, I get Zero results?!?

Here's the forum with search string entered:

Project Upgrade Search Forums Screen Shot with post not found.png

Here's the results of that search:

Project Upgrade Search Forums Screen Shot with post not found results.png

So, "Search this forum" doesn't work?

You know what I am looking for? A list of differences, changes, additions (a point-for-point comparision) of Captivate v5 and Captivate v5.5. I think Audition is a great addition but it seems like Captivate v5.5 is mostly to get subscription licensing into the market.

Michael

P.S. I notice I am posting this in the "Adobe Forums > Adobe Captivate > Adobe Captivate" location. Is that from

the "Department of Redundancy Department?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Hi there

As you have seen, the forums search is at that "extra crispy" stage. It needs an IBM logo (It's Broken, Maam).

I've heard rumors that the forums software will be upgraded some time this month. Hopefully those are true as we are a few versions behind in forum software upgrades.

Until the forum software is upgraded and search begins (hopefully) working as a result, you are better off using Google's Advanced search.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

As you have seen, the forums search is at that "extra crispy" stage. It needs an IBM logo (It's Broken, Maam).

I've heard rumors that the forums software will be upgraded some time this month. Hopefully those are true as we are a few versions behind in forum software upgrades.

Until the forum software is upgraded and search begins (hopefully) working as a result, you are better off using Google's Advanced search.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources