• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working on a project copied from a shared server

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Captivate project while connected to a shared server.

Now I copied the project file and graphic folders to my PC and want to work (not connected to the server).

When I update a graphic in the graphic folder and click update graphic in the Captivate project library…the update looks for the file on the H;drive which is the server location.

Are these file locations hard coded...is there no way to point the library to a different folder containing all of the same graphics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the image in the library > Properties > Import. Browse and select the new location. The image is updated.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.

Is there anyway to update multiple graphics to a new path at the same time. I have over 200 graphics used in multiple project files.

Thanks again,

KN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select all the images in the library.
  2. Right-click and select Update. The Update Library Items window opens.
  3. Click Update Resource Paths.
  4. Select the old path from the Old Path drop down list.
  5. Browse and select the new path for the New Path.
  6. Click Add. The old and new path are added to the section on top.
  7. Click Update and you are done.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, this saved me hours and lot of frustration. have over 1000 images and this will cut some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! I was missing step 4 of selecting the old path!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue (I think) in that I'm working on a file that was created by another team member on his hard drive. Now when I right click on a slide background image (a screen capture which is not saved to an image folder, but lives in the "library"), and I select "locate in library" then "edit with fireworks", fireworks opens it but with a different file name.

Normally it opens in fireworks, I make my edit, save it, and it gets automatically updated in Captivate. However, in this case, since I didn't originally create the Captivate file, it's looking for a resource path on my co-worker's machine. I can't update the resource path because these are background images (screen captures) which don't live in a seperate image folder.

How can I make this feature work so I can simply right click a graphic, update it in my graphics program, save it and have it be automatically updated? (This is how it works when I edit files originated on my machine).

Thanks so much for any guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay I was out of the office for a few days.

In some cases, I had to export the fle from Captivate, update the file, and then import the new file and replace the old.

I am using Captivate 5.5 so I cant update the path for multiple items at the same time. I had to select the image in the library, click the Properties icon (to the right of the pencil) and click update to link the file ot a different directory/folder. I had ot make sure I was not mapped to the drive/folder for which the item was currently linked; otherwise it would just update to the existing path.

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources