• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Focus: Modernized GPU support

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Animator (Beta) Version 23.1 builds (v23.1.0.16 and later) now have improved stability and performance when drawing content in the Scene and Puppet panels, and rendering to disk, by updating the GPU requirements from OpenGL to use Metal on macOS and DirectX 12 on Windows. Recent macOS systems should support Metal. Windows systems with older GPUs might require updated display drivers to support DirectX 12.

As you use Character Animator (Beta), please let us know if any errors or glitches appear while doing the following operations:

• Using the Scene or Puppet panels
  • Rendering to disk (commands in the File > Export submenu)

Known issues and limitations

No known issues at this time. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

What we want to know 

We want to hear about your experience using the Scene and Puppet panels:  

• Did you encounter any errors when launching Character Animator (Beta) or opening a scene or puppet?
  • Are you seeing any visual glitches (e.g., blurry or offset content) in the Scene or Puppet panel?
  • Is the responsiveness of the application noticeable slower?
  • Did you have to update your graphics/display driver to resolve any errors?

Thank you! We’re looking forward to your feedback. 

Use this Beta forum thread to discuss this modernized GPU support and share your feedback with the Character Animator team and other Beta users. If you encounter a bug, let us know by posting a reply here or choosing “Report a bug” from the “Provide feedback” icon in the top-right corner of the app.

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I downloaded a copy to test the new gpu performance and my fps has drastically dropped. About 25%. Averaging 10fps now. GPU is definitely in use now in resources, but still super low cpu and memory use. Less than 20%. I believe the limitations are due a lack of optimization in your software processes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through further testing, I've determined that disabling face behavior will instantly go from 14fps to 22-24fps. I suggest making it possible to reduce the load of face behaviors by giving option to disable items from tracking when set to 0% within the face behavior. For example eye strength, eyebrow strength, etc. Less to track, less data to bog down the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric.  Would you be willing to share your exported puppet (for adobe internal use only)?  If so, you can DM me a link.  This will allow us to evaluate your performance issues and determine whether there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources