• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Focus: Speech-Aware Animation

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the power of Adobe Sensei you can create automatic animation from speech. Character Animator will generate head and eyebrow movements corresponding to a recorded voice.

Note: On macOS, 10.15 or later is required.

CH SpeechAware1.gif

Try out Speech-Aware Animation by importing an audio file and adding it to a scene with your puppet, then choosing Timeline > Compute Head Movement from Speech. A Camera Input take for the puppet's Face and/or Head Turner behavior (whichever ones are currently being used on the puppet) will be created with the automatically generated head movement.

Exaggerate or minimize the computed head movement by adjusting the following parameters in the Properties panel:

Face behavior:

• Head Position Strength
  • Head Scale Strength
  • Head Tilt Strength
  • Eyebrow Strength
  • Parallax Strength

Head Turner behavior:

• Sensitivity

The computed head movement can still be blended with manual Face and Head Turner recordings for more refinement.

Note: The Compute Head Movement from Speech does not change mouth shapes, so you'll want to also use the Timeline > Compute Lip Sync Take from Scene Audio menu command to generate lip sync for your puppet.

CH SpeechAware2.gif

(Use this Beta forum thread to discuss this feature and share your feedback with the Character Animator team and other Beta users. If you encounter a bug while using this feature, let us know by posting a reply here or choosing "Report a bug" from the "Provide feedback" icon in the top-right corner of the app.)

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. Would it be possible to send me a copy of the puppet (i.e., export a .puppet file for the puppet) along with the audio file for us to diagnose what might bee going on? If you're ok with that, feel free to send me a private message with a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) to a .zip archive of those files. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. I'm seeing the rotated eyebrows here as well. You can try dampening it by lowering the Face behavior's Eyebrow Strength parameter (even after the fact), but we're investigating here, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks - let me know what you find out. I suspect there's some type of eyebrow default when the process sees or hears no audio. Well, these puppets aren't gabbing all the time! I appreciate your looking into this very much - Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources