• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compute head movement from speech function in 23.0 after (2024 not fixed either)

Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been bothering me since version 23.0, the video is version 23.6.

When I imported the mp3 and used the Compute head movement from speeche function, the character moved like this.

and adjusting the face's Pose-to-Pose Movement parameter doesn't smooth out the movement.
How to set it to smooth the movement?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
General , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this post to the Bugs forum. I also just noticed this issue yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I hopefully this will be fixed in the next version. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got that problem too. Also in version 24.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you do something to help? @oksamurai 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the bug - I noticed this recently too. We're looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? It's making Character Animator basically unuable for my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not fixed still not  fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update was installed today and the bug is still there. This massive error has not been fixed for well over a year or two.

Does anyone know how I can still get the old version V22? This feature worked without any problems in V22. I have given up hope that the bug will be fixed, @oksamurai 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately yes, I haven't heard of any progress on this bug. I'm really sorry; I know it's frustrating to have something working and become a critical part of your workflow and then break like this. My limited understanding is that the bug is more complex than it may seem on the surface, but I don't know the specifics under the hood.

The workaround I would recommend would be what we show in the recent Express Animation tutorial. Basically, your triggered Replays become your different poses and you swap between them to achieve the pose-to-pose look. If you only wanted the head you could make a set of Face-only replays and then do the other things like arms and lip sync separately. The blend handles between poses would equate to the duration / smoothness of the transition between poses. This system is essentially what we do when creating Express characters with "automatic" animation. I know it's not the same, as pose-to-pose just worked in the background without needing this more manual setup, but it should ultimately achieve a similar effect.

Again, I'm sorry this bug has lingered for over a year without a clear fix. If anything changes I will udpate this thread, but my recommendation for the forseeable future would be to explore different workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate