Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to upload any file like .png and.psd files

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm using the free trial version of Character Animator, but I experience issues with importing a file like a .PNG, .PSD and .AI file. Regarding .PSD files, I converted a PNG file into a .PSD and .AI file by using online tools like psd converter, but when I click on "import" in Character Animator, the files aren't visible to select. I don't have .PSD files created in Photoshop so I can't try such files. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to import raw images or rig a puppet in Starter mode. You can import dialog or puppets (from other CH sessions) only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! So it is not possible to import your own characters you have created elsewhere like in Paint?

What does CH session mean? Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, CH is Adobe's abreviation for Character Animator. I sometimes forget myself. What I mean is that if someone creates a puppet in Character Animator Pro and exports that puppet (with the .puppet extention) then it can be imported into the Starter version of Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, to answer your other question, Character Animator puppets need to be created in layers, which is why they need to be created in Photoshop or Illustrator. You can also import raw images like png or jpg to use as props, backgrounds, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! So when I upload a character in photoshop I can't give it layers right? That's why they can't be used in animator to make them move, only as background? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting a flat image to PSD will not create layers which are necessary for Character Animator characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate