• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 out of 4 characters not moving

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! First time usng Character Animator. I've set up files precisely as instructed in tutorials. 3 of my 4 characters are working just fine and they move around and sway when I do in my camera. I've also pinned the bottom of them so they don't float too high on the screen. The one character won't move. I've compared literally every setting, layer in my file, naming conventions, everything and I can't find the discrepancy. Any suggestions? (Attachments show Dog 1 is working fine. Dog 2 is the one not moving properly)

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Have you compared the tags on layers? In particular the Head layer.

Could you provide a screenshot of the "face" behavior i. the properties panel with all the handles, views, etc sections opened up. Behaviors are what move things (Face, eye gaze, lipsync, etc). They look for tags on layers. If you accidentally removed the Head tag from the head layer, then the behavior will not find the head to move. Tags are added automatically when the artwork is loaded based on layer names. A spelling error i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you compared the tags on layers? In particular the Head layer.

Could you provide a screenshot of the "face" behavior i. the properties panel with all the handles, views, etc sections opened up. Behaviors are what move things (Face, eye gaze, lipsync, etc). They look for tags on layers. If you accidentally removed the Head tag from the head layer, then the behavior will not find the head to move. Tags are added automatically when the artwork is loaded based on layer names. A spelling error in a layer can cause problems too. Soo looking and the handles etc section of the behavior will show what it did find. If you see a zero it means it did not find that bit. E.g. it might not find the nose (but who cares). If it did not find the head however you are in trouble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thank you so much for responding. You were RIGHT! The label was there, but the head in the character panel wasn't highlighted. Thank you so much! 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines