Exit

Adding bodytracker to an existing puppet

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. 

Like many in the community, really excited with all the new updates coming out none more so then bodytracker. 

I have an exisiting puppet (created in photoshop) and would like to add the bodytracker element to it. I'm not sure if the full version has been released, if so can I download the project from somewhere in order for me to add bodytracking to my puppet? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jon

TOPICS
Download and install , FAQ , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is yes, there is nothing special that you need to do to your photoshop file to prepare it for bodytracking. There are some example puppets that you can use for reference, such as Hopscotch the frog. The rigging required for body tracking is not too different from normal puppet rigging, some of the the anchor points might need to be moved for best results. There is an icon in the camera window the turns on body tracking. This video can explain the entire process in detail. https://youtu.be/gWBLAcTWH5Q?t=2383

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. 

Lastly, on bodytraker will there be an option for the hands/arms to be expressive/move in front of the face?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking about swapping parts, I'm not sure. There's an ongoing discussion going on about it right now in this forum. Personally, I'm still learning about Body tracker myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines