• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding new frowns/mouth expressions in Ai: whenin Adobe character, the mouth isolates

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts! I am lost... I tried to add new mouths in Adobe Illustrator to my puppet but now when I use it in adobe character animator, the mouth seems to be isolated from the puppet - anyone knows how i can correct this and make it lipsync as well?

Nichelle24608507mfan_0-1658128644263.png

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share with us a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy so we can see what's going on with the mouth layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do u refer to this?

A1766E72-2097-45D0-B767-2414C4856AA9.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Take a look at my example using the Chloe puppet. Puppet.png

I cannot tell from your image, but each viseme should have a link to an appropriate image on the right. You appear to have created swap sets for all of the individual visemes instead of the mouth itself. Also, there appears to be sublayers for all of your mouth shapes which would require additional behaviors to make them cycle their animations (if that was indeed your intention). I'm kind of up to my elbows in my projects at the moment, so I'm hoping one of the other experts has a little time to walk you through the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks to me like you took the Photoshop Puppet Maker character Watts and converted it to Illustrator, which I'm guessing is why you're doing the rigging from scratch. Yes, I would check out similar mouth setups in other characters and make sure you have the independence (crown icons), triggers, tags, and group hierarchy all the same. Hard to diagnose without having the puppet, but turning the crown off of "Talking" might help with the mouth pivot.

I would watch or rewatch https://youtu.be/sc9S65Zn9XQ, which goes into deeper detail about how to set exactly these types of mouths up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines