Adobe CH-Scene changed motion after exporting to AE

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

Adobe AE changes the motion of my puppet after
importing from Character Animator.

I've tried it several times: could you please help me?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hSy24jmAMNXLX77wgPln7CDK8DZWk4mv

I would be glad for help.

Kind regards

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very strange. I don’t have a solution sorry! But a few final ideas just in case.

Can you successfully use the provided sample puppets? If they work then there might be something wrong with your puppet. (It did seem corrupted when I got it.)

if the the above works, maybe rebuild your puppet from the artwork file. That is, import the psd/AI file and do all the rigging again.

Yes, not having Windows 10 support I can see is a problem for you. The older version should still work, but I understand the pain there if not getting the latest features.

Not sure if any use, but dropping in a plug anyway, if you want a series of tutorials from scratch to see if the same thing works for you, see the “project wookie” playlist link on https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/  - these are screen casts that are largely unedited so show every step I took to achieve the results. But they are for latest release. (Most is the same, but there are new features)

But up to you how much effort you want to invest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it all. I dropped the puppet in a new project on my windows 10 computer and rerigged it all. The arm movement finally looked right but then the hand squished and distorted. I think I have to do it all with frame by frame animation to guarantee results. I started doing a movie review character for a podcast site that's launching a youtube channel with all frame by frame and they work flawlessly on either of my machines.

Thanks again. I'll check out your link and don't plan on quitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of the cycle layers feature? It allows you to do frame by frame for short sequences as part of the puppet.

bBut feel free to drop in a screen shot of the squishing hand issue. With version number of CH. version 1.5 had problems that was fixed in 2.0 for example. There were ways to avoid the problem however. But screen shots are useful to see if it looks like same issue.

To drop in a screenshot you can just paste into the text area here the output of snipping tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue solved by the last update.

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines