Exit

All the settings disappeared

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. Need some help.

It seems like some bug.

I had a million times checked workable puppet. Just tried to change its hat changing it in the AI file. Saved with the same name and within the same structure. And all of a sudden got this:

olegd21486027_1-1609273536856.png

All of the triggers, swap sets, pins etc. disappeared and been displayed yellow. After going step behind in history I get this:

olegd21486027_0-1609273496525.png

Have absolutely no idea what happened. Do you? Please...

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally it is because the file moved, but the path name in top right turns orange then (and yours is still blue). You could try the scene refresh button (two arrows in a circle). Try with holding down shift and alt (I never remember which one) as it flushes more internal caches.

but I notice the auto sync checkbox just under the path name is not checked. I have never used this, but wondering if it got turned off somehow by accident? Maybe look at another puppet? I would turn that back on.

anither idea is to look at the history panel and see if it has any hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

olegd21486027_0-1609275248611.png

Just try to follow your advice. Now it shows some error and it gives me some hints. I was trying to add some png layer to my AI file but deleted it afterwards. Probably somehow it been saved in the Ch project info and it still tries to do something with it even thou it doesn't exist already. Any idea how to clear this data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The scene refresh button is all I know. My fear however is if it lost the triggers etc due to a structure change, the only way to get them back is via undo (using the history). Eg try to do a few undos then refresh the scene.

WARNING: I would be VERY careful here. If you undo and make a single change, you lose the redo ability so you can lose other work. So I would proceed with great caution, or just re-rig it - I don't want to suggest something that breaks it even further!! Personally I just re-rig it if not too complex. Fix the artwork file, and do the rigging again. But you can use the undo history if you are brave and careful. The scene refresh may be needed but would probably lose any redo ability if you undid too much.

There have been horror stories of clicking too far back in history and losing work - so I don't like recommending it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines