• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating a Puppet to Dance in Character Animator

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I am curious if there is any way of animating a puppet to dance, or at least the ability to move the legs without having a floating effect over the entire character? I'm trying to animate the legs independently but I'm having trouble keeping the character grounded (meaning as if there were a way to apply gravity to the feet). I tried adding fixed handles but then I can no longer drag the legs. Are there any tutorials on this topic that I might be able to view? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you record a short drag for the feet then extend it in the time line (or trim it) you can control the position (keep it still). If you record a second position via dragger you can then use a blend to smoothly move foot between the two locations. Blends are when you grab the top left or right Corner if a take (in the blue bar) and drag inwards. You should see a diagonal line representing the blend.

Have a look at episode 11 from https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ for an example If blends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Nothing seems to be working for me but I think I'm probably just trying to do something too complicated, making the puppet dance while syncing it to music, so for now I'll just move on to something different. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another blog post I forgot about that *might* be useful: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/08/30/music-videos-in-character-animator-part-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines