• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms Raise with body, Any way to make to make them still but draggable?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When recording the face Track Behaviour, the Face moves the body and the body moves the arms at the shoulder but then they move up like a action figure.

is there a way for them to stay fixed at the wrists and let the elbows and shoulders move. So it seems there is weight to the arms?

In my case, the forearms should be resting on the arm of a chair, But when I record the arms move up with the body,

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a few pictures of your Rig workspace panel for this character.  There are a number of possible rigging issues that could cause this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure no problem.

Thanks in advance.

RigBody.jpgRigleftarm.jpgrigRightArm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally children layers move relative to the parent. So if the body moves, the arms will move. You can use a "hinge" attach type so the arm stays horizontal, but it would still move off the arm of the chair.

The best approach I have seen is to record a dragger drag of the wrist. Move it by a pixel then keep the mouse still. That forces that dragger to stay in that position even if the rest of the body moves. Geoffrey might have a better solution, but that is the best I know of. You can do a second recording for the elbow for example, but remember in real life if the body/shoulders move, something has to move the the rest of the arms unless you are elastawoman! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I will give this a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines